For its efficiency, flexibility and cost-effectiveness, cloud hosting is an attractive alternative to infrastructure-heavy enterprise data centers. But for health care providers, strict HIPAA patient privacy regulations, coupled with today’s mounting cyber threats, pose unique challenges and are fueling the need for health care-designed cloud hosting environments.
Get enterprise-class hosting without enterprise-class cost
Powered by VMware, Mercy’s health care cloud is supported by MTS’s HIPAA-compliant data centers where we host Mercy’s roughly 1,200 health care applications, including the Epic EHR for Mercy and commercial clients. Here, MTS and our award-winning health IT experts will provide the cloud infrastructure for hosting your mission-critical apps like EHR and imaging, as well as business-essential systems like email, file shares or any other health care workload.
Mercy’s health care cloud features:
- Industry-leading SLAs
- 24/7 health care-staffed network operations center and service desk
- Fully managed storage
Take advantage of best-of-breed infrastructure.
Mercy’s health care cloud is built on enterprise-class platforms for consistent performance and familiar operations.
- Mercy’s wholly-owned and managed data centers are used exclusively for health care customers
- Non-stop, health care-built data centers are equipped with N+1 redundancy of all infrastructure, power, cooling, security and connectivity features
- VMWare ESX hypervisors on a vCloud management platform provides enterprise-class reliability and familiar operations framework for administrators
- NetApp storage provides proven performance in a VMWare/Cisco/NetApp technology bundle
- Cisco servers, switches (Nexus) and routers provide proven, seamless connectivity and scalable high-availability
- Frequent (four-hour) data backups with 30-day retention provides extended protection against ransomware risks
Available Disaster Recovery Features
- Cold or warm site recovery at Mercy’s geographically-diverse data center
- Industry-leading recovery time / point objectives
- Encryption in transit and at rest
- Recovery testing
Hassling with Windows and Linux upgrades, patching and security?
Let us manage that for you with Mercy's Managed Hosting services.
Laboring through data backups?
Use a simpler approach with Mercy's Disaster Recovery and Backup (DRaaS and BaaS).